Thursday, August 13, 2009

WE are Finally Here in HAWAII...its crazy!


HOME SWEET HOME!!!!! It was very hard to say goodbye to our parents and our family! Uh...not fun! Bittersweet. We laughed a lil, cried a lil, and hugged a lot! It was tough. But now that we are here in Hawaii it is WONDERFUL! Everything has truly fall in into place! We had a long 6 hour eager flight. There is a 4 hours difference so we got here at 1:30 and our parents were just coming home from work and settling for the night and our long day was just beginning! We walked off the plane and Chandler's Basketball coaches were Right there to greet us! Sorry... the above picture is not the greatest but we loaded our stuff right in to the Chaminade Van!


We chatted with the coaches on our way to the the Hotel... His coaches are AWESOME! They are so chill, so relaxed, Mature, and legit! The took GREAT care of us! Here Chan and I are in the Hyatt Regency Hotel they put us up in!

They dropped us off to unpack and unwind in Hotel. They came back to pick us Up in Coach Mahar's convertible.. they took us around a lil in Waikiki Then to Lunch.

riding in the AUDI
Here is ONE of the gorgeous beaches of O'ahu... this is a big surf spot!
Head Coach Mahar, Chandler, and Assistant Coach Mo! ( too bad Mahar's eyes are closed ;(....)

Chan and I overlooking beach... ps. This is what Hurricane Feleisha turned out to be! HAHA Quite the storm!

Here we are pulling into Chaminade... a BeaUtIfUL! campus!

Chandler down at Waikiki!He loves Hawaii so far!
The next day Coach Mahar, and Mo took us on the full campus tour! Here is the New library...


One of the views up at Chaminade from the library...of Diamond Head ( the distinct volcano of Waikiki)

The tropical storm... so it was rainy here on our second day!
More of the tour... (haha I always tried to stay behind and somewhat out of the way so they could really talk to Chan and show him Campus!)
The weight room! Small but Nice!!

All them boys posin for me ;)

Men's locker room....

The track and baseball field....
The gym... We met Zach Whiting... he plays in Germany professionally! He and Chan put some shots up! You can tell how humid it is here but Zach's shirt.. I know that is sweat but this was just after a few minutes.. Chan;s legs, arms, and face was dripping! ( the humid is something we will have to really get used to here!) I miss the dry heat!


He looked good for his coaches! But the air, the gym, the rim, and much more will take some time to make home! But all exciting! I can not wait til games start! I know it will be a great TWO years here! I Am stoked about his coaches- again they are going to be great! Chan is happy to be here and ready to play for these guys! Its a nice feeling to have finally met them!
The coaches took us to find an apt! Everything here under 1,000 dollars is GHETTO! In rough, old looking buildings, and SMALL! Here is a picture of the 2nd apt we checked out. Its brand new building (rare in HI) its a mile form Chaminade, near downtown, and cute...
We went and got Snow cones... they are so yummy here! They top them off with Condensed milk!
It sunny as can be and raining pretty good! Everyday rain happens!
Back at our Hotel....Here are a few photos of hotel- They spoiled us. The courtyard.
One of the towers looking up!
The view from the pool of Waikiki Beach!
THE SPA windows from the pool deck!!!! ( I applied here...along with many others in the next few days!)
The cool water pool...felt amazing!

TODAY... His coach took us to wal-mart to shop shop shop. We got our essenticials... As we were driving we past the convention center,,, I thought it was kind a cool!
And we signed on the apartment TODAY! Here is from the street side... its not super cute .. but its BRAND NEW! I will definately post more photos of the inside as we furnish it! So tonight we are sleeping here! No apartments here really have AC so Chandler is Dying... we bought two fans today and its still HOT! Chan took his first COLD shower tonight and he was in heaven!

Chan showing his guns for signing on the apartment today! Its done..its over! ;) We shopped and got the things we need and the internet hooked up too!
It feels so good to be here in Hawaii, to have met the coaches, seen campus, get an apartment. We are waiting on our car to get here from being shipped ( another wk or so). Hawaii really feels like home now! Some things we will have to get used to for sure! Now everyone come visit us!!!
Thank you for checkin in on us! More posts to come of course!

2 comments:

The Gleave's said...

I am soooo glad you made it, and that everything is working out so well! Now I will definatly have to come visit. I love all the new posts, the puppies (I want one) and the gel toes!

Wilsons said...

YAY!How fun. It sounds like its going to be a GREAT home for you two. I totally know what you mean about finally finding an apt. When we got here in Spokane we shopped around for like 3 days, and it was WONDERFUL finally moving in. Guess what?? We are coming to Maui in February for a company trip! So we should be seeing you guys then, although I know your on a different island. Anyway, glad you made it. Have FUN!!!