Sunday, March 14, 2010

Maunawili falls

So when I visited Hawaii about 5 yrs ago I was taken on this hike that I would never forget! I have been wanting to go back and do it ever since we got moved out here! Its called Maunawili (mona-whilly) falls. It is so fun and when you get to the end there are pools of water and a waterfall that you can jump from. It can be very muddy if it has rained recently and you have to cross through the river maybe 5 times.

here is Meag and Jerrel



We are half way to the top and the scenery is beautiful!



It was crowed at the top because it was President's Day and everyone else on the island had the same idea to go hiking as we did. Here is the end of the hike at the waterfall.

Chan and I resting


My bro and I- we all brought our swimsuits but the water was pretty cool. I had my heart set on jumping as well as my bro but the water temp changed my mind. ( I jumped 5 yrs ago with all my friends, but I think as I have gotten older I have become ALOT more cautious with things!)




We enjoyed watching other people jump one by one! Or two by two!

2 comments:

Hogg Family said...

A couple months ago I was super sick so Nate and some friends went and did this hike and took Zak to give me a break and b/c Nate heard it was an easy/short hike. little did he know it would be SOOOOOOO muddy. They all came back with stained, muddy clothes. Nate's feet were killing him b/c he'd worn flip-flops (everyone told him it'd be fine) but they wouldn't stay on b/c they kept sticking in the mud so he ended up carrying zak the whole way up and down and with no shoes. haha his feet got sore... Glad you had fun with the fam!

Anonymous said...

Well its official! I would LOVE to come visit! Neither Mitch or I have been to Hawaii and I have to say I'm pretty dang jealous! Keep the post coming, I love to see the island! Have fun