We are debating on our options for the summer months. We were thinking about going home to Utah for a few months to work and possibly save money. But we are leaning more towards staying Hawaii. It has become more of a hassle in trying to find a place to put our belongings and our car. Our life is here right now and we are FINALLY settled in and know the lay of the land here and we are happy in our ward and we have met some wonderful friends that we go out with weekly! It is so fun here. I really am growing to love it here. Meeting people and friends we enjoy being around has been the best part! I still say to myself "I live here!?" When we take a ride in the car and I look out the window at stunning views and also do fun things like this at the most beautiful beaches on Oahu...
And speaking of friends- My beautiful friend Brea in my ward took me SURFING! It was my first time ever. I was so nervous and anxious at the same time to hit the waves all day! We headed out at 6pm after work one day. It was a lil chilly but so worth it! Brea got me HOOKED! Oh no! A purchase might need to be made soon so she and I can go more this summer! Brea had me practice paddle catching some lil waves in the water and then within a few minutes I GOT UP and rode my first wave for a good length! It really was such an adrenaline rush- I don't think I realized I was riding the surf board until after I fell! The best part is watching the sunset just laying on the board out in the middle of the Ocean!
So we are searching for a new apartment and that process can always be hectic! With still being in limbo on what to do this summer we are still looking to be prepared. We are going to go to a few showings tomorrow- Apartments out here are so expensive! And Ghetto! So we will see what these next few months will hold.
Chandler and I now have Skype! Is it ridiculous that I am addicted to it? lol! It is my new favorite thing. Its just been so fun to talk to my sister's, nieces, and our parents! Oh and my good friend in Australia! Technology now-a-days is just amazing! I love it!
We are coming up on our ONE YEAR anniversary and time has flown by! Such a fun year! Chandler and I decided that it would be fun to take turns every other year planning out our anniversary for each other so that we can each surprise each other with something fun. We can both have fun being surprised and both have fun getting a chance to plan something. He said this yr is MY YEAR! HA!! So we will see what happens!
We are having a blast teaching our 7 year old of the ward. Last week I had all 8 of them by myself as Chan couldn't be there with me and the lesson was on 'Dare To Choose The Right'. It is always such a joy to meet with these little ones each week. It is honestly my favorite thing! I look forward and can't wait til Sundays!
I hope everyone else is happy and things are going as great as they are for Chandler and I. I love reading each and everyone of your Blogs very regularly! Keep up the posts! I enjoy them all! Have a great week!
1 comment:
Hahaha I am honored in your post!!! SWAEEEET!!!! we really need to go out again something during the day so it's not so cold, but soon!!! and I totally think you should stay here for the summer! we'll have so much FUN! :) holla at your girl!
Post a Comment