Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Abhasa and Khakara


Okay so Ill try to do this in as little of a nut shell as possible! So.. as most of you know I have gone back to school to pursue my bachelors degree, which I am LOVING so far but boy it can/has been stresssssful! It probably doesn't help that I have a full plate with taking 18 credits(never been to college B4), just got called to be the 1st counselor in the YW (yes a new calling already- I tell ya, our ward is needy so you literally go where they NEED you, also I gladly accepted it as it was to take over my friend Olya's calling due to her temporary return to Russia after the funeral), and I'm a girls camp leader, I'm working TWO jobs and trying to be a wife! Wheww! Yes! Talk about busy!

As some of you know, but I have never mentioned it on here, I quit working with the plastic surgeon... Basically I didn't care for him, his office, his ideas, his practice, his style etc (and that's me being nice) ha! Maybe I have been spoiled in the past and now have high expectations after working for Dr. Crofts and Dr. Patel in Utah. But, I was not about to get involved in a job and get walked over before it was too late to get out. I know that it was not for me and not where I needed to be at in my life. This is when I was strongly prompted to go back to school after many prayers and pondering. The idea on going back to school became so clear to me it was unreal. And the time was so right. Any who so being in school for a few weeks I started looking for a job that could be fun that would be for the evenings and that would fit my schedule, be a mindless job and still continue to bring home some mula. So long story short of the process I am "seriously so blessed" that I got "in" at Abhasa and Khakara Spa! Abhasa is a world known Resort Spa here at the Sheraton in Waikiki and Khakara is a world known Resort Spa in the famous Royal Hawaiian Hotel both which are located right next to each other on the beach front. They are both owned by the same company. So if you get hired at one you are employed at both! Which is so nice because being employed at two spas means I am constantly booked and I mean constantly! They are the two busiest spas in Waikiki because they have been around for YEARS and the marketing is out there known to the world with it being corporate. I'm a little sentimental about the Royal Hawaiian because my Grandpa used to take my Grandma there years and years ago to stay often at the"pink" hotel. (Gma 96 yrs old today)
Anybody who has been to Waikiki has seen the Royal Hawaiian!
So in The Royal Hawaiian is Abhasa

Here is our Sauna at Abhasa
Some of our treatment rooms are outdoors- I love giving facials in the cabanas!


Here is the pool side of the Sheraton! Wow! I work here! I love it, I live it, and I think I get a discount on rooms!

Here is Spa Khakara at the Sheraton
A relaxation room at Khakara
Our front lobby area
So far I love working in Waikiki. I love my guests the majority are Japanese which are of such a sweet culture. So easy to please and great to work with. My first day I had a 5 hr shift..4-9 so in 5 hours I had 5 facials. Each day has been no different. They keep me slammed and it will be like this all thru out the year. Thanks to the Japanese that have money! So it is so nice to be working hard and getting paid resort pay!!!

And I am SO SAD I have to say goodbye to my fun fun job! I will miss working at the mall. Many of your don't know that I have been working part time at White House|Black Market for almost a year now! It is not my choice to quit but I'm not making any money there. I can't burn the candle and both ends. I have to simplify my life. I guess that means simplifying my closet too. I love the girls there so much, working with tourist shoppers and helping spend their money on cute outfits, and (YES the clothes, Ill miss my clothes, that's why I am/was there). I hate having to quit but its for the better.

Bye WHBM!! Bye my cute clothes discount!


5 comments:

Roxanibus said...

wow, I had no idea you were doing half of this stuff! Or that you had a new job, awesome! The spas look gorgeous, I bet you enjoy your job! You had such an interesting life.....unlike me :)

Brea said...

you spa looks SO relaxing! I want to go there and get treated by YOU! :) Bye WHBM!

Anonymous said...

Wow I want a treatment at one of the cabanas. Looks wonderful. One of the best massages I've had was on a private beach in Mexico. I could hear the waves crashing in and feel the warm breeze over me. You are the best Lier!!!

The Gleave's said...

Sounds like school is going good, Im glad you are liking it. It makes me want to go back to school too.
And that's good you got a job that is keeping you busy and paid :)

The Mitchell Family said...

o my super busy lady your new job looks amazing its so pretty still cant believe you live in Hawaii what a fun journey in your guys life.