Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Maui Tournament Outcome

Phew! I feel like I have to take a deep breath every time before I blog because I feel like I have so much to say and post! But then when it comes down to it..its probably nothing much..We just have been GO GO GO busy so it feels like tonz!

FIRST things First Chandler's Games in Maui....
So... We get to Maui on Saturday Morning... Chandler is with the team practicing getting pumped and ready for the biggest tournament of Chandler's Basketball career and Chan's foot starts KILLING him. The teams trainer, Cortney took him to the hospital in Maui and like the 5th Dr. he saw did an MRI and basically told him he had a stress fracture. Chandler was in a lot of pain and was TORN with the thought of not being able to play. In the year and a half Chan and I have been married I have never seen him so devastated and even then he is really good about keeping his emotions to himself and not letting his sadness effect others around him or not wanting others to feel sorry for him(poor guy ;( ). He called me with the most solemn voice after he left the Dr. In Maui and just said he doesn't even know what to do with himself and that he just needed time to think to himself. One of the Biggest reasons in why we chose to come to Hawaii was because Chaminade University Hosts the Maui Invitational..for TWO yrs Chan was looking forward to playing against these huge D1 schools on ESPN. He went through the rest of the weekend telling himself to be okay with not playing (as team captain-in his senior yr that's hard to tell yourself). We went to a players party where all the schools come together for the big Xbox party and they have huge screens and tvs set up for the teams to play XBOX BBall as THEMSELVES the teams get actual xbox games created for them of their own teams. We eat yummy food meet famous people in the NBA and ESPN world and the teams are treated like gold. That was so fun...
Monday rolls around and its near game time- an hour before the game Chandler decides to tape up his foot really good, take a few light pain killer pills and play against Michigan State! I wasn't happy about it at all because of possibly worsening the damage...honestly almost sick to my stomach... but I wanted to watch him play just as bad as he wanted to play. The game was AWESOME, INTENSE, and crazy! Chaminade played so great! We could have had a win! We were ahead for a decent portion of the game. Chandler played pretty much the same minutes he always does. He had two HUGE DEEP three pointers at the end of the game that brought our score closer. Unfortunately we lost 74 to 82. (sorry I don't have stats). Chandler said it was worth every minute of it because he had a blast playing! He was in pain for sure by the end!

Chandler and Stevo (captains) in center court meeting the refs and gettin ready to go!
Team warming up Chandler shootin a beautiful 3!
Warm-ups

Getting ready for the game to start takin photos with Hawaiian Santa
Me, Gayna from Australia (Dom's GF- A player on Chan's team), Meag, Kaylene and DennisChan at the line



After the game...we were all VERY HAPPY
to be continued...

No comments: