Sunday, April 3, 2011

A few special visitors for the day!

My 94 year old Grandma and her new husband came to visit. Yes she just got married about a month ago. She met Vern in our ward in St. George. He was a friend of my parents and my grandma and he lost his wife about two years ago. Just before our wedding. He came to our wedding and Chandler met him there. About a year ago my grandma thought she was on her death bed in the hospital when she broke her hip. It was a scary time. But she is a real trooper. She healed up nicely and here she is visiting us in Hawaii on their honeymoon! :) ha! They are both still so healthy and totally with it. They are on a two week cruise in the Hawaiian Islands. Their cruise stopped here for the day in Oahu so we were there to pick them up! We had an afternoon of great shopping, while Chandler and Vern chatted up a storm. My grandma treated me well at the mall ;) and she got herself some beautiful things too! Then they told us that we must take them to a 5 star restaurant so they can treat us. And it sure was a treat. We took them to a 10 star restaurant. My favorite. ROYS! They had never been and they could not believe they hadn't been to a Roy's before. We went to the very first Roy's that it originated here in Hawaii. I'm sure they will be back to the one in Vegas they love Vegas. It is so funny because they have all these trips planned. They went to Phantom of the Opera, They are going to Celine Dion. :( without me. They are going to Mexico, Czech Republic, and a few more I cant remember. I say good for them! They have the time, the energy, now the partner, and the money! I said to my grandma "ugh and why aren't you taken me with you?" and she said "well you didn't ask?" Ha! Geeze wish I would have known sooner ;)!

At Dinner


Chandler and I were making her laugh. I love watching her laugh to where to cant stop!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing for both of them. Your never too old to fall in love.