Monday, June 4, 2012

A lot a bit of everything...

So a little of everything...Ever since my sister left the island it has been non stop! First off I received my grades- the day they got posted I was so relieved. I worked my butt off. I had a huge boost of confidence and reassurance that I "CAN do it! I CAN go to college." I was so anxious and nervous to go to college for the first time- wondering if I was capable. I was scared. I was worried I wouldn't do good. Its crazy that my first year is already over, it FLEW by. And I know the next three years will also go by fast. Although at times it feels like it will be forever! I know as I get more into my degree it will get harder but I will do everything I can to maintain my 4.0.  But for know Im going to enjoy my quick summer!


I went full time at work. Have I ever mentioned I love my job? Well I seriously do! I love the spas, the products, the treatments I get to do, the other therapists, the management, the hotel guests, the busyness, the money, and my schedule! I went full fledge- I work 6 days a week- call my crazy I know, it can be tough too when I have six facials a day in a six hour shift. I get worn out on some days- but luckily I don't always have that schedule. Some days I only work four hour shifts. It seems like nothing or if its even worth going in for 4 hrs. But its A LOT better then 7 bucks an hour down the street-therefore I can get away with a four hr shift and still play. I often go to the Sheraton pool after work or Waikiki Beach- also another reason why I LOVE where I work. I am so lucky!



My friend Rosie left her pink scooter with me as she is home for the summer in CA. I was stoked to get it. It is so nice to have a little bit of my own freedom as to when I can come and go from home. And I don't have to ride the bus to work anymore! It is so convenient! It scares me to death to be in a city with a bunch of cars, drivers who don't know how to drive but I am so cautious. I double and triple look everywhere I go, and give myself plenty of space. So far the scariest thing that has happened to me was I was leaving my parking garage at work and after I paid the stupid lady shut the barricade down on me. I was pist to say the least. But riding it is still so fun!


Chandler and I celebrated our three year anniversary. Crazy. I will probably say its crazy every year. Its flown by at the same time I feel like we have been married for forever. We have been through so much and have come such a long way. We still are so grateful for the lives we have here in Hawaii. We have loved our first three years of marriage here in the islands. We love it here. I have reached a point where I know if we ever leave I will be DEVASTATED. I still miss our family and friends back on the mainland like crazy. But the life we have here is amazing. We are so lucky- we realize our blessings and everything that is going for us. I love you baby! Here we went to Wolfgang's for dinner- It was amazing. I advise anyone to go there. It has to be special occasion as it can be 200 dollars for steak for two! I won a GC so we splurged!


I have been wanting to chop my hair off so bad but I don't trust anyone here to do the bob so until I go home and see my Jamie girl then I had to go with just 4 1/2 inches for now. It is so hot here and humid that I wear a pony everyday and just want it all gone. Its weird though, cuz Im sad that even that much is gone....



I got called to Relief society. I tell you- our ward will move you to a new calling anytime they need you somewhere else. I have never served in the R.S. or even really spent much time in there due to other callings during the third hour. I have now served in the nursery, the primary, the Young Women's, and now Relief Society in the McCully Ward. I have clearly made my way up! I am a teacher. So I have to teach the sisters once a month. Holy Moly! When bishop called me I felt I was in no shape or form to be teaching women older then me, who knew more then me. I so could have said "no" and kinda wanted to Im not going to lie. But I know the Lord is testing me. There's no way I could say no with all the wonderful things I have been blessed with. Its the least I can do. I taught the very next week after being called and I was a wreck going into in. I prepared for hours each day for a week. The spirit was so strong during the lesson and loads of ladies came up to me after with hugs, kisses, so much love and support. I teach again this week and Im a nervous wreck.again. 25 minutes is a long time! What I love about this calling is it really makes me study the scriptures and prayerfully learn of the teachings. I was telling Chandler as a joke that- "No wonder a lot of people aren't members of this church or end up falling away" It is a hard church to be a member of. Its demanding, takes time, COURAGE, huge efforts, etc. To stand in front of 50 women monthly and be responsible for  what they learn or even just to facilitate a discussion is not easy. BUT I know that I am blessed for it, I know I am learning so much, I know I am just doing good for others, for me, I know that I am becoming a stronger individual, I overcome fears regularly that will only benefit me in life. Not many 25 yr old girls that I know or go to school with are doing stuff like this. So I am becoming a stronger person for facing my fears regularly. For that I am grateful.


Okay. For those of you who know me, especially my friends Keeley and Lexi haha know that I HATE the gym! I hate to work out. I hate to push myself, I hate the pain, the upset stomach, the soreness after, the sweating, the gym itself, the people at the gym starring, the nasty sweat infected machines, the cost. everything. I used to have a gym pass in Utah for a few years that I maybe used a total of 10 times in two years. I paid for it because it was cool, or the thing to do because EVERYone else did it (and still does) but it was never my thing. I don't mind to go running, I like to run but never do that either cuz its always hot here. Keeley and Lexi used to call me everyday to go and I always had an excuse to not go- or would say "we'll mayyybbbe" "ya I guess Ill go" and probably didn't show up half the time. lol. Do you remember this Keeley? Well big changes in my life. For three years Chandler has begged me to go to the gym with him. yuck. And I always saw cute workout clothes I wanted but he would never agree on the purchase because I never would use them. So I never got new clothes or shoes in the fitness department. Oh well. I seriously do not know what happened last week but I randomly woke up with him one morning and went to the gym. and then the next, and the next and the next. Minded I love my sleep. I don't get up before 10am around here. Literally. I got to live it up before I have children. But I have been up at 7 and at the gym for a long streak now. The only reason why I like it is because we go to Chaminade's Weight Room with a personal trainer. There is only three of us there and thats it! The PT is pushing me like crazy. My poooooor body doesn't know whats happened to it. My butt, my legs, abs, my back, my chest, my pecks, my shoulders, my arms..OUCH! I can't move, walk, sit, sleep, sit on the toilet, or be touched, without making a painful noise. Chandler thinks it is the coolest, greatest, and funniest thing. He is more than pleased to have a workout partner after 3 yrs. With being out of school and only working I feel like I have time now and Im not stressed. So it does feel good to know that I am doing good for my body. I am working my butt off to get in dang good shape. Ill show you all in a few months. I am determined for some reason to keep it up. I already can see a difference ;)

Oh and I got all the new work out clothes I wanted! I am set and running and lifting weights in style! Shh.. to be honest the clothes and shoes are the best part. They are comfy.


And last but not least my amazing husband. I think I say that a lot. But its so true. Where to begin with this one... First off he is half way done with his MBA. He is killing it. He has this week left for this term and then starts back up in July. He is juggling a demanding job, wife, and going to school- its crazy around here. As for his schooling he is doing an excellent job. His professors cannot believe this individual. He is regularly being told at work, and school what a great and hard working person he is and the type of devotion he gives. Here is just one of many notes, letter, emails, of example. (I snuck in his email and got it... This is from a tough professor of his...

Aloha Chandler,
How are you? I hope you are doing well. Thanks so much for your continues outstanding work. I am so pleased with your performance in this class. I have often referred other students to your work, as an example of quality and professionalism. I have been saving an outstanding grade for you.
I am confident that you will attain and surpass your personal, professional, and academic goals. I am extremely happy to see that you have found your experience in this class positive and are able to utilize the tools that you have learned at work. I feel that my hopes and prayers have been answered..


On another positive note Chandler was approached by the executive team at Kaiser with a promotional opportunity. He has been torn as to what to do. He wants to stay where he is at because he is successful at what he does. He is on track this year to surpass his goals and do good for himself. This new position would give him a great title, experience for resume building, the opportunity to move up quick. At this point If he gets offered the position he will be happy with it. If he does not get the job he will be okay with it too, no hard feelings. If anything it is a great interviewing process and an experience within itself there. Time will tell! He is just so fortunate to have options. Options and feeling wanted are a very great thing in this economy. We will both be so grateful for whatever outcome is to happen! They are both great!


2 comments:

Hogg Family said...

I seriously love reading about you guys! I loved this post! And girl, you are on fire!! Straight a's, workaholic, woutOUT-ahold, all while still looking fab...love it! And congrats to Chan as well! We miss us some Pearsons!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations on STRAIGHT A'S!!!! That's amazing!!!! And If I could I would be sleeping in till 10 too!! haha!