So I am a little late but I just wanted to get some pictures up of our Memorial Day here in Honoulu. Its funny because I have seen photos like these on Pinterest and people saying that want to come experience the floating lanterns in Hawaii someday. And I feel privileged that I got to see it. It really is quite a site to see! I missed the beginning of the releasing of the floating lanterns because I was at work. My work let me leave early this night so Chandler picked me up and we raced off to Ala Moana beach park. It was a.m.a.z.i.n.g!
We didn't get a chance to write on a lantern the names of the individuals we love and miss. I really want to plan it next year. But we had a great time seeing the entire community (literally) the whole Oahu island people come together and remember their loved ones. It was a great moment to experience!




No comments:
Post a Comment