Thursday, February 23, 2012

Baby Shower

I asked a friend in my ward at 8 1/2 mos pregnant if anyone had given her a baby shower ... and no one had so I knew I had to whip one together! I quickly sent out an Evite to maybe 10 people. When 6 people had confirmed I knew I would be safe to hold the party in my teeny tiny ittie bitty
apartment. Then so and so brought so and so..and I ended up with 12-15 people. IT WAS CROWDED! Nice, warm and cozy- up close and personal party! Ha! The more gals we had the better! It was fun! I had been cooking all day- thanks to Pinterest we had yummy slow cooked shredded chicken tacos with all the toppings! Homemade chips, Cookies and rubber ducky pine apple sorbet punch!

Ellen

Melissa brought mini cupcakes, Kellie brought amazing sugar cookies, and thanks to Nancy for the cupcakes, and Dalein for a few extra sides and Roxy for helping set up!



The party started to disintegrate and we had to catch a group picture!

Thank you so much to everyone who came!
The funniest part about the whole thing was the party was on Wednesday night and the night before (Tues) I texted Ellen and I told her she better take it easy and that Baby Brian could not come until at least after this party was done and over with. I told her he can come anytime after 8:30 pm on Wednesday as long as we get the party done with! Everyone had left my apartment except for Sunny and Ellen and as we were walking out of my apt with our hands full of her gifts to take them down to the car HER WATER BROKE on my porch! It was perfect timing! It was around 9pm! That night Chandler and I spent the night at their house with Anna so she could go to the hospital. He IS SO BEAUTIFUl- like honestly he has the most perfect flawless face! Fun and very eventful night! Phew- we're safe! I was really pushing that shower close!

1 comment:

Roxanibus said...

oh my gosh I didn't know that happened! It must have been soon after I left then? Wow, you have all the exciting things happening at your place huh? Good job!